LEARNING OBJECT TEMPLATES
- The templates for creating Learning Objects are stored at the back end of the application, in a repository titled “Media Library”.
- The templates may comprise different types of learning material, including interactive multimedia content, all of which reside in the “Media Library” repository.
- The types of Learning Objects the educator can create in the library are the most useful ones for the different types of learners according to the analysis of the e-Hoop project.
This is where the templates for creating Learning Objects are stored.
LEARNING OBJECT REPOSITORY
This is where the Learning Objects are stored in e-Hoop.
A searchable repository for learning objects providing access to the learning objects created and uploaded by educators according to the e-Hoop specifications and templates maximising also the accessibility to those with visual impairments and special educational needs.
A repository of learner’s profiles – tables with learners’ data in the form of profiles (i.e., personal information and characteristics, previous knowledge, materials covered, time and other logs, preferences, results from tests taken such as MAPS, demographics, questionnaires etc.).
LEARNING OBJECT SEQUENCER (LOS)
The e-Hoop front-end delivers the learning objects to learners. It “reads” content and “integrates” preferences or constraints as they are captured in the learner’s profiles and presents the final content in a coherent manner to the learner. The actual delivery system (“Learning Object Sequencer”) is developed using open-source standards and based on the shared-control theory.
AUTOMATED ASSESSEMENT TOOLS
The e-Hoop platform uses two types of assessment in order to adapt the learning process to the abilities, needs, and preferences of the learner:
- Assessment of the learner before entering the learning environment;
- Assessment while learning is happening.